We’ve all been there before. It’s 5:00pm on a Tuesday and you’re standing in the kitchen wondering what in the world to make for dinner. Sick of the usual suspects and short on time, this is about the moment you’re ready to give up and order takeout. Then you remember — easy 15-minute ramen! Follow this easy yet elevated ramen recipe (and wine pairing) for a fool-proof, veggie-packed and delicious dinner in 15 minutes or less.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Two packs of your favorite instant ramen
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Protein (optional – chicken, steak, soft-boiled egg)
- Kimchi (optional)
- Boil water in a pot according to instructions on ramen pack
- Clean veggies
- Chop veggies
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook per instructions on ramen pack
- Once noodles are done boiling turn heat off, add seasoning packet(s) to mix
- Add mushrooms and spinach to the pot and give them a minute or two to soften
- Put ramen in bowl and add rest of veggies as well as other toppings such as kimchi
And that’s it! You’ve got yourself a bowl of delicious goodness. Pat yourself on the back for saving dinner once again! You deserve a reward, and we’ve got just the thing — Barbera.
RAMEN RECIPE WINE PAIRING: BARBERA
Ramen is salty and earthy with a lot spice tones to it, so you want something with a slight sweetness, fruit, and slight earthiness as well. Barbera is smooth sip that goes fabulously with our 15-minute ramen.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve tried this one, and what you thought. Find more recipes and pairings on our blog. If you enjoyed this one, you may also like our posts on the ‘Six components of food and wine pairing,‘ or the ‘Two main types of wine pairings!’